Friday, August 23, 2013

Demo Release!


It's here! The demo has finally been completed and you are now able to download it for Windows. The OUYA version is being worked on. I'll give an update on that later.

You will be able to play Scorch Raptor's stage. It's very challenging and it will be the longest level in Eclipse, so we're giving you 5 lives and a subtank to start you off. We're considering making an "easy mode" later on, but that's not a priority at the moment.

You will be able to dash, air dash and up dash; however X will not have any upgraded armor equipped. We want to keep the armor design a "surprise" for the full release.

The stage select screen design and some of the music is temporary. We were unable to finalize some of the songs we planned to use, but once we do we'll provide an update.

We also want to give Josh Shelton a HUGE thank you for joining our team and his endless contributions. He designed and animated Scorch Raptor and has done a significant amount of sprite work for us. This demo couldn't have happened without him! I encourage you to check out his deviantart page, he's got some unreal talent.

BarylTDF did the original Scorch Raptor stance sprite, and Yllisos Zanon refined it. Big thanks to you guys as well!

You can download v1.00 here or from the sidebar on the right. (If you get a D3DX error, read this: http://mmxeclipse.blogspot.ca/2013/08/error-upon-shooting-enemy.html)

The default controls are -

Move - Arrow keys
Shoot - X
Dash - C
Jump - Z
Full screen - F11

We also support Xinput controllers. These (except fullscreen) can be modified in the option mode.

I should note that recently GameMaker: Studio had a bug that ruined the .exe's created from it, causing many, many glitches. It worked fine on my computer except for 1 small bug, but was completely broken on others. I have downgraded to an earlier build and it worked as it should for me, so let's hope it also does on your computer! If you have any errors or bug repots, be sure to let me know in the comment section. Eventually I'd like to set up a proper bug report system, but not right now.

5 comments:

  1. Plays really smoothly! I'm impressed. Other than the awkward keyboard controls I'm forced into at the moment, it felt like a solid MMX game.

    Only played up to the midboss that destroyed me when I first fought it ^^; Will try again later.

    Only "bug" I noticed was the health bar is a little low on the left-hand side. Intentional (LOTS of planned health upgrades)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying it! You can change the controls in the options menu to your preference, or use any gamepad that uses Xinput.

    Now that you mention it, I guess the health bar is a little lower than normal. I'll make the adjustment, thanks for pointing that out! And there won't be any more heart upgrades than a normal X game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not working for me. As soon as I shoot a shot from megaman, there is a text saying code error. Could you help me please? It looks fantastic up until that point. I already love the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bug on my part. It's likely because your computer doesn't support shaders and I forgot to make the game check if the PC supports it before running one. I'm already working on an update for it and should be up by tomorrow. I just need to test on another computer.

      Delete
    2. http://mmxeclipse.blogspot.ca/2013/08/error-upon-shooting-enemy.html

      This might help you fix it too!

      Delete